The Dates Have Changed!
The new dates for the 2014 Crop Swap are as follows:· Thursday, August 21
· Thursday, September 4
· Thursday, September 18
Each Crop Swap will begin at 6:30 PM at Steenblik Park.
In addition to the swapping, homemade baked goods, and live music you've come to expect, this year we've also added some fun competitions and prize giveaways:· On August 21, we invite all local chef's to bring their best zucchini dish, be it bread, casserole or cookie. The only rule is the item must contain zucchini.
· For September 4, the Crop Swap will host a salsa competition. All Rose Park residents are invited to prepare their best salsa recipe and see how it stacks up against the neighbors.
Prizes include cookware from Bintz, a gift certificate to Rio Grande restaurant, and tickets to Hale Center Theater.
On September 18, we'll be giving away a dutch oven from Camp Chef. Rose Park residents can enter the drawing at each of the three Crop Swaps leading up to the drawing (i.e., no more than three entries per household). The drawing will be held near the close of the Crop Swap on the 18th. Entrants must be present to win.
You don’t need to be a gardener, have a green thumb, or even bring anything to participate in the Crop Swap. The guidelines are as follows:
1. Participants who bring produce are free to trade for other produce at the Crop Swap beginning at 6:30 PM.
2. The free-for-all giveaway (for those who did not bring any produce to swap) begins at 7:45 PM.
3. All children must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
4. For the give-away, there is a limit of one bag per family.
5. If produce remains at the end of each Crop Swap and is left unclaimed, the remainder will be equitably divided.
We look forward to seeing you all there!